Friday, May 21, 2010

Attn: More Sperry Authentic Orginal RBS Colorways

As you might expect I totally lost my shit when Sperry's Authentic Original red brick sole styles dropped.  Phrases like "favorite item of all time" were thrown around and while in hindsight that seems a little silly I think we can all agree that these shoes are badass.  In the past I had passed over suede Topsiders based on the simple fact that Authentic Originals were meant for water and  suede uppers defeated that purpose entirely, but once I saw the RBS versions I quickly changed my tune.  It was virtually impossible not to love these - THE classic, original boat shoe with an actually impressive update.  The first batch of colorways were dope and Sperry has released a few more styles to go along with the initial run (if they are still in stock of course).  Surprisingly I think the black number is the coolest, which is something I never though I'd say.  There are also white and brown options to round out this solid selection for sockless S/S jaunting.

-L.A.S

5 comments:

  1. omg black sperrys wut! so anti. so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. I hate to admit, but I kind of dig the white ones. I wonder if one could pull those off with seersucker as an interesting alternative to bucks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. K.S.- There is no doubt in my mind that would be killer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white would be killer, except every kid in skinny jeans and Bieber hair in L.A. is wearing Topsiders now, so I can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon--Thing is, these kids wear them out of context or as some kind of childish gesture of irony. Eventually these boring poseurs will find some other thing to latch onto: pseudo-preppy will disappear in a season or two, thank God. Just like the two-tone/ska revival revival in the mid 90's, just like the swing craze after that, just like the neo-rockabilly thing after that...etc. etc. etc.

    TAKE BACK TOPSIDERS!

    ReplyDelete