Saturday, December 19, 2009

Lusting After: Sid Mashburn Silk Tartan Ties



[Pictured: Sid Mashburn silk tartan ties available at Sid Mashburn in Atlanta, Georgia for $95.00.]

I probably could have named this post "Lusting After: Everything Sid Mashburn", but as I was getting dressed for my company's Christmas party I found myself wishing I had a new tartan tie to pair with a crisp white oxford so I'm keeping this specific.  I ended up going with something completely different, but that didn't stop me from adding a new tartan tie to the top of my must get list.  Sid's ties are spectacular.  Indian silk is woven into authentic Scottish tartans and each tie is hand cut, handmade and individually inspected.  That's a lot more attention than most ties get and the end result is a piece of classic neckwear that adds the perfect amount of punch to any fit.  I don't normally even look at frayed ties and I don't think I'll ever buy any, but Sid's are the only passable ones I've ever seen.  Even Sid can take something I normally would never think about owning and at least make me think twice.  My only knock against Sid is the absence of  an online shop, but when you have such an amazing brick and mortar shop I guess you want people to actually stop by.  Looks like I'll be roadtripping to ATL a lot sooner than I thought. Who's with me?

-L.A.S

No comments:

Post a Comment